SIERRA HOLMES, MULTI SKILLED GINJA NINJA
HI! I am a design student in the IDEA program at Capilano University. I am currently finishing my second of four years. I am, by nature, a people person. I am an excellent listener, learn quickly and have always enjoyed helping people.
I have also been involved in the Vancouver fashion industry for 5 years. I have built many connections and know that I want to pursue a career where I can merge my love for fashion, adventure, design, and illustration. I have styled and created concepts for multiple photo shoots and know that this is something I thoroughly enjoy. The idea of merging fashion with illustration and design excites me.
As well, I have worked in the restaurant industry for 4 years, both as a host and then a server. I love how everyday is an opportunity to engage, learn, deal with new challenges, and help shape a positive experience for guests. Through my experience in the industry I have developed my interpersonal skills and I am able to communicate effectively with diverse personalities. I have also learned to pay attention to detail, efficiently manage many guests at once, work quickly and efficiently, and complete many tasks to maintain cleanliness in a restaurant.
My skills are all over the place and I am very agile!
If you are looking for someone who is energetic, interested in fashion, does illustration and design, is passionate, artistic, and learns quickly, look no further! I am here to the rescue!
- Visual Communications, bachelor of design
- Focus in design, illustration, branding, and concept-development
Freelance Illustration and Design
Leen Magazine (Vancouver based fashion and art magazine)
- Digital illustrations for Webzine
- Designer/illustrator of the Drake poster for the 2016 Summer Sixteen tour in Vancouver
Instruments of Change:
- Design of converse running shoes for auction at fundraiser event
Urban Ecology Centre and Smart House:
- Customized illustration
Remington Gallery Exhibition:
- Exhibition of 6 original oil paintings done in collaboration with photographer Laura Baldwinson and makeup artist Kelseyanna Fitzpatrick
- Serving and hosting
- Customer service experience
- Developed my ability to maintain a positive attitude in high stress environment.
Oak and Fort:
- Clothing Model
- gained strong understanding of fashion industry
- Learned what is involved with creating online content for fashion retail
Family Management Vancouver
- Developing photo shoot concepts Organizing and managing photo shoots Modeling for editorial and print
- Learned how to collaborate and work with a diverse creative team
Pre Professional Classical Ballet Pro Arte
- Trained for dance competitions, exams, and performances
- Rigorous training taught me to focus, prioritize and learn fast through extensive repetition and practice
- Adobe Muse
- Adobe Muse
- Digitial and traditional Painting
- Social media platforms
- Brand Identity
- Print and Web Design
- BCRPA Fitness Theory Level 1
- Food Safe level 1
- Serving it Right